Tuesday 8 April 2014

DIY: easy beanie

Hey guys! Today I'm going to show you how to upcycle an old sweater and turn it into a beanie. I saw this tutorial on youtube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p0Bb1xKau4) and I loved the finished project; so I thought what better way to re-use my old sweaters than to turn them into beanies?! (The only difference between the video and this post is that I sewed my beanie and on the video they used a glue gun).


Materials:
  • Scissors
  • Old sweater 
  • Sewing needle and thread (or glue gun)
Step 1:
Lay your sweater out flat. Now cut out the spot where your back goes. Once you have that piece cut, wrap it around your head and cut any excess fabric so that it fits your head comfortably.


Step 2:
Fold the piece that now fits your head into three sections to create a tube.


Now cut the top in a circular pattern so that the tube now resembles a hat.


Step 3:
Turn the hat inside out (1) and sew the side together (2). Now sew two top pieces that are closest to each other together (3). Repeat the previous step with the two other sides. This will leave you with three sewn sides that resemble a triangle (4). 


Step 4:
Flip the hat so it's not longer inside out, and voila! You now have a new beanie!!!


I hope everyone enjoyed this post! Leave a comment if you have any suggestions for upcoming posts. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment