Wednesday 18 June 2014

How To: Have a Good Workout

Hey guys! Today I'm going to tell you how I avoid those days of coming home from the gym and feeling as if you've accomplished absolutely nothing.

I'm sorry I haven't posted any DIY's for a few weeks but trust me. They're coming! I've been really busy lately so unfortunately I haven't had time to do anything very crafty. But hopefully this post will help some people start to enjoy working out. Let's get started! :)

Motivation: 
So I know getting motivated to go for a workout is half the battle. So I'll tell you some tricks that I use on days that I'm feeling particularly unmotivated.

Make a really good pre-workout snack! If I make myself a snack that has lots of protein like celery with peanut butter or some almonds I find that it makes me more motivated. Since I just ate something full of protein to fuel my workout I can't use the "I'm too tired" or "I don't have enough energy" excuse.

Make a new playlist! Making a new workout playlist full of up-beat songs always gets me excited to go and workout. Add any type of music you want. As long as it  gets you motivated to go and listen to it for at least an hour; it did it's job!

Put you workout clothes on! On days that I'm feeling extremely unmotivated as soon as I get the idea of going to the gym in my head I go and put on my workout clothes before my brain has a chance to figure out what's happening. I know this sounds silly but it really works. If you're already dressed you really can't make up any more excuses to stay at home.



Benefits of working out! :)
Planning:
Once you've made your way down to the gym having a pre-planned workout is crucial in coming home feeling accomplished. But don't worry, the plans can be flexible! My plans are basically just a rough outline for me to follow when I get to the gym.

How to Plan! First I decide what part of my body I want to work that day i.e. is it a leg day, ab day, arm day, etc. Once you have that decided choose some workouts that are challenging and enjoyable.

If you don't know any exercises you want to do google some! When I plan the exercises that I will be doing I usually have an amount that I have to do i.e. 4 sets of 25 reps. But I allow myself to add more. Choose an amount of reps that will give you a good workout but not so many that you hurt yourself. Don't forget to throw in some cardio either. I find a great way to get in cardio is by either running for a half hour before my workout or after. I've heard many people say they like to run after they've  finished working out; but I prefer to use running as a warm-up and do it before.

Don't forget to stretch before and after you workout. If you don't; you'll probably regret it the next day. And that's it! Easy, huh?

I hope some people found this post helpful! :) If you can share my blog on any social media that you use that would be amazing! And don't forget to comment if you have any suggestions for future posts - they don't have to be DIY's. As you can see, I post about basically anything. :)

P.S. I'm hoping to have a really cool upcycled shorts post next week so stay tuned ;)


*All of the pictures on today's post are from google*

By the way guys, my friend and I made a YouTube channel that we're going to post videos on every Sunday. Here's our introduction video if you want to watch it!!! :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unriXTxyYGI




No comments:

Post a Comment