Wednesday 27 August 2014

5 Healthy Snacks

Hey guys! So today I decided that I would share 5 super easy snacks with you guys to go with the 21 days of no junk food challenge that I posted last week.

1. Grapefruit
Grapefruit is a great snack. All you have to do is cut it in half and sprinkle some sugar on the top. You will just use your spoon to scoop the fruit out of the 'grapefruit bowl'. You can eat one half or the whole thing depending on how hungry you are.

2. Veggies and Dip
Veggies and dip are such an easy, healthy and tasty snack. Cut up any of your favourite veggies and add some dip if you would like. My favourite is cutting up cucumber and carrots into sticks and a small drop of ranch dressing.

3. Apple and Peanut Butter
If you put some peanut butter in a bowl and heat it up in the microwave for 35 seconds it is great to drizzle over apple slices. It looks good, tastes good and it's also a fairly filling snack.

4. Green Smoothie
There are tons of different types of green smoothies that you can make but this is one of my favourites. You add some green tea, 2 handfuls of spinach, 1 banana and a small spoonful of peanut butter to the blender. Mix this up and then your smoothie is done! I recommend tasting it and then seeing if you need to add anything else before you pour it into a glass.

5. Yogurt Parfait
This is another good snack - all that you do is take a glass and make layers of yogurt and granola and then tops it off with some fruit and/or berries and voila; a super healthy snack or even breakfast!

I hope you guys enjoyed this post and this gave you some good ideas for healthy snacks! Don't forget to check back Friday for my last post in the back to school series! It would also be awesome if you could share my blog on any social media that you use. You can follow me on twitter as well if you would like! @04_emilyy

No comments:

Post a Comment