Wednesday 30 July 2014

DIY: Tribal Print Shorts

Hey guys! So as I'm sure you all know, you can literally find tribal print clothing anywhere. So I decided that I would revamp a pair of old shorts that I never wear and turn them into a super cute pair of tribal print shorts! Let's get started :-)



Materials:

  • Bleach (optional)
  • Scissors
  • Permanent Marker
  • Fabric or Acrylic Paint
Step 1:
If you have chosen to bleach your shorts, read this; if not skip to step two. When I was bleaching my shorts I wanted to do an ombre type of bleach but ran out of bleach before I had a chance to begin that. So if you just want to simply bleach the whole short like I did submerge the shorts in some diluted bleach for about 10 minutes. If you want to do an ombre bleached short, submerge the shorts in diluted bleach for about 5 minutes and then take them out, leaving only the bottom of the shorts in for (roughly) another 5 minutes. Now rinse and wash the shorts using laundry detergent. Once your shorts have dried, you can move onto step two.

Step 2:
Using your scissors put two horizontal cuts on the side opposite to the one that you will be putting the tribal print design on.


Step 3:
Begin putting the outline of the tribal print design onto your shorts using a permanent marker. Be careful when doing this because you don't want to mess up and end up with permanent marker in places that you don't want it to be (speaking from experience here haha).

Step 4:
This part takes lots of time and patience. Now you have to fill in the outline you created with paint. I recommend using a fairly thin brush so that it is easier to paint inside the lines. Really the only advice that I can give you about this part is to not get frustrated and take your time. This is what my shorts looked like once I finished painting them. Unfortunately I had some permanent marker still showing once I was done, so I am going to be trying to get that out! 



That's it! I hope you guys enjoyed this post and if you could it would be great if you could share my blog on any social media that you use as it would help me out a lot, thanks! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment